Follow by Email

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Friday in Tel Aviv and Adam's Birthday

Going to a bar with a bunch of your friends in Israel can be a lot of fun. However, if you have plans to go to the airport at 5 am, it's not too incredibly smart to go to bed at 1 am. But, Dublin bar in Jerusalem is a great place to go and just kick back and let off some steam. It's a little loud, but the drinks were fantastic. I went to pick up one of my classmates, Julia, at Ben Gurion airport. Although I was exhausted, it was nice to meet Julia and to make her transition to a new country easier. So, after we arrived back in Jerusalem, we rested for a few minutes and went to Kikar Zion (Zion Square) to meet up with some more classmates and Daniel, one of our interns. We were then on our way back to Tel Aviv to spend a day enjoying the Shuk and artists shuk. It was crazy busy, but a lot of fun. There was a tremendous amount of artwork, and I really believe many of my friends would have enjoyed the opportunity to peruse some of the art. We then spent some time enjoying the hot sun and beach in Tel Aviv. It was beautiful! Friday night, we went to Shabbat Dinner at Vicky and Vlad's house. Vicky is a Cantoral student and her son Adam was turning 3. What a great dinner! And the cake was delicious. Most importantly, though, the company was a lot of fun, and it's nice to spend time just relaxing and discussing life with classmates and friends! I'll write some more after Shabbat in the park!

2 comments:

Uncle Flip said...

The Dublin Bar in Israel....sounds cross-cultural enough for me! (Hey, boxty and Guinness are kosher, aern't they?)

Good to know you're quickly building such a good net work of friends and classmates. I look forward to meeting some of them in a few months!

I also look forward to your future blog posts. I've added your blog to my RSS reader.

Be well
-UF

gayle jordan said...

This is way cool Erin, thanks for sharing. I will continue to check your blog. Be safe.