Follow by Email

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Oops, I only need 9 fingers!

Shabbat afternoon was really fun! A bunch of my classmates and I decided to play football on a concrete field. It was very hot, but as we were playing 2 hand touch, we thought for sure noone would get hurt. After about 2 hours of playing, a bunch of kids from Young Judea's Machon program came over to play with us. The HUC gang was winning, so we were pretty pumped. Then it happened. I was going out for a pass that would have been a touchdown. The quarterback threw a perfect pass, but instead of catching it the right way, I tried to catch it with my pinky. Two seconds later, I looked at a disgusting dislocated finger. After about an hour at Magen David Adom (the 24 hour clinic open on Shabbat), and after the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced, I walked out with my finger wrapped. Unfortunately, I am done with football and softball for 5 days...so, my blog won't be as great as it would have been for the next few days. Bear with me...I'll do as much as I can!

2 comments:

Camper said...

What a great move, Boxt! Next time try catching it with your mouth (kidding! :) (thought you might miss some of the good old HM teasing)) Glad you are adjusting well to life in Israel. It is enjoyable keeping up with your adventures and partying.

Erin Boxt said...

Who is this?