Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ulpan is OVER!!!

Wow, what an amazing 6 weeks. I thought I would never make it through Ulpan, but somehow I survived and passed the Ulpan! This was a very intensive Hebrew program with 5 hours of Hebrew every day and it's truly amazing how much I learned. I am now able to write an essay completely in Hebrew, and I find myself speaking more and more to people on the street (especially cab drivers) in Hebrew. It's great, and I am looking forward to continuing my Hebrew classes and learning more and more!

We are now on a 10 day break or so. The beauty of this break is that we don't have any requirements except to relax! So, how are we going to relax? We are taking a trip to Krakow, Poland on Friday. We'll be gone for 5 days, and for two of the days Batya, our friend PJ and I will be going to Auschwitz. I'll go with PJ on Saturday and Batya will go with me on Sunday. It's going to be an interesting Shabbat this week, and I hope to get a lot of perspective. It will be nice to experience this with a great friend on Saturday and my best friend, Batya, on Sunday. We'll take lots of pictures (of what we're allowed to), so you'll be able to see what we see (at least in pictures).

We go back to school, to our regular class schedule on Sunday, September 2. We'll then only have a few hours of Hebrew every day, but we'll have many more classes, preparing us for our long journeys to be Rabbis, Cantors, and Jewish educators!

Lailah Tov!

No comments: