Follow by Email

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Hannukah in Jerusalem

Jerusalem on Hannukah is VERY different from Hannukah in the States. I am sure those of you who read my blog are thinking to yourselves, Duh! But, it's truly different. For one, I haven't seen one Christmas Tree or heard one Christmas Carol. It's a bit unusual, for sure. I do miss hearing Christmas Carols.

I have to say, though, that it has been very nice to see Hannukah commercials on the television, and Latkes and Sufganiyot everywhere! Everyone we run into says, Happy Hannukah! It's very nice! We spent this past Thursday evening lighting candles and having dinner with some friends we have met and several of my classmates, and their children. It was truly festive, and VERY enjoyable!

I know this is a short blog, but I just wanted to get some thoughts about Hannukah out there for people to see! I'll try and write another blog in a couple of weeks. Finals for this semester are coming up very quickly, and I am very busy with my studies. Carlie is home for the next week as her Gan is closed, so we are getting to spend some real quality time with her! Batya is being a real support for me, and I am thankful they are both here!

Happy Hannukah!

No comments: