Follow by Email

Saturday, January 12, 2008

2nd Semester Rabbinical Student!!!

Yep, that's right! I finished my exams on Wednesday, and it's now really beginning to hit me that I finished my first semester as a Rabbinical student! I have to admit that while many of my classmates were very stressed about Finals, I was never really stressed about it. With so many other things going on in my life, I haven't had time! Besides, I went to classes and did the homework. In reality, the exams tested us on what we studied, so I thought they were very fair!

The past 2 days have just been about relaxing and getting the apartment clean and ready for Dad to come (TODAY!!!) and Batya's Mom next week. We're excited to get a taste of the States by seeing our family. We probably would have enjoyed going to the States, but seeing our family here in Israel will be great. And, if we had gone back to the States, we wouldn't have been able to go to Greece!

So, today it's me and Carlie! Batya is babysitting most of the day. Just a good "Aba/Carlie day!" We have fun during these days! I promise to take lots of pictures while Dad and Mom are in town, and I'll get them up to Webshots by the beginning of February. We'll have some great shots in Greece, I am sure.

What's amazing to me, and this occurred to me while I was taking my exams, is how much information and knowledge I have gained this semester. HUC tells us all the time to "Test the Process." It's really true. I never would have guessed how much I could have learned this year, and I am really looking forward to next semester when I begin studying about the Rabbinic Period and the Talmud. As I've said before, each day, each class brings me something new, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

I'll post next week while Dad is here...until then, L'Hitraot!

No comments: