Follow by Email

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back in the USA

Greetings friends and family! The last time I wrote, I was sitting in my little apartment on Moshe Hess Street, contemplating how I was going to get all of my "stuff" back to the US. I was VERY excited about seeing my friends and family, and also a bit nervous with all of the "transitioning" I, Batya and Carlie would have to do once we were back in the States. When we moved to Israel in June, 2007, jet lag really hit Batya and me a lot. Carlie, however, was fine. Well, this time, Carlie has really been affected by jet lag, and Batya and I have been fine. However, dealing with a 2 year old who is experiencing jet lag can be quite difficult....especially, the constant wake up at 4 or 5 am.

But, I think Carlie is finally adjusted! This means that we will finally be able to really sleep at night! In the past week (yes, it's been a week since we've been back in the States), we have been in Atlanta, Columbia, Atlanta again, Cincinnati, and now Houston. We'll be in Houston until Thursday, then back to Atlanta for 2 days, to the DC Area, and then to camp! If Carlie is able to make it through these two weeks, we'll be highly impressed! Yes, she did scream for about 20 minutes on the flight to Houston (and I can't forget the 2 hours of screaming coming back from Israel), but all in all, she's doing great!

In the past week, we've purchased cell phones, signed a lease on a BEAUTIFUL house in Finneytown (outside of Cincinnati - don't worry, pictures to come in August when we move in), seen lots of friends and family...and we hope Batya has found a job! I don't want to write too much about that until she actually has the job.

I have to admit that Batya and I have been remarking about the "little things" we miss about Israel. Every once in a while, I'll look at Batya and say something like, "That's something else I miss about Israel." We will certainly miss the views of the Old City, the smells of our neighbors' cooking, and being so close to everything...being able to walk everywhere. We'll be spending the summer at Capital Camps in Waynesboro, PA. We are very excited, for sure!

I'll try to write a few times over the summer, but as I'll be very busy, please don't be angry if the next post is in August!

L'Hitraot for now!

No comments: