Follow by Email

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our home in Cincinnati

Shalom friends and family!

It's been a LONG time since I blogged...I know. I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I have been extremely busy, however, and I would like to spend a moment discussing this schedule! I have 7 total classes: Bible 401, Rabbinics 401, PDE (Professional Development) 401, PDE 402, History 401, Biblical Hebrew 401, and Hebrew Literature. Also, once a month and for the High Holy Days, I am working as a Student Rabbi at Beth Isaac Synagogue in Trenton, Michigan. Along with one of my PDE classes, I am teaching 9-12 graders about Resistance in the Holocaust and Israel's First 60 Years through Film on Sunday nights. I would say most nights I am home around 7 or so, but sometimes later! I leave at 7 am every morning...so, as you can see, these are full days. My classes are extraordinarily interesting, and although I have more reading than I have ever had every day, I am doing my best to chug along, and I am doing pretty well so far.

I even have some time to spend with Carlie and Batya most days! Sunday is our "family day." We start out going to the Jewish Community Center around 9 to take Carlie swimming. She loves it, and we love swimming with her. Since we left camp, we have made our new home (pictures to come later - when our camera returns - we did find it) quite livable, and we are really enjoying it. It's cute, and our neighbors are very nice.

My Congregation in Trenton, Michigan is truly wonderful. They are gracious loving people who really do treat me extremely well. I enjoy being with them, and I can't wait to introduce them to Carlie and Batya when we go there for Rosh Hashanah.

For now, that's it...Oh, I joined a bowling league on Tuesday evenings. This really is just to do something where I don't have to think about school, study, or anything but have a great, fun time bowling. It's fun, and a great escape!

Please check out my brother and sister in law's new blog: www.jandrose.blogspot.com. Jason is really funny, and it's a very enjoyable blog.

Until next time...

2 comments:

ktbtodd said...

i am so glad to hear that some other seminarians have the crazy life that we do! good luck with it all and know that Mason and I will check in on you often and pray for you regularly, too.

pass our love on to your two beautiful ladies!

love, katie

Ambassador said...

Glad to know you all made it to Cinci alright! Was great seeing you briefly while you were here. Please pass our best to Batya!

-Dave