Follow by Email

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mid-Terms, Mid-Terms, Mid-Terms!!!

Shalom Everyone!

Well, I thought last year flew by. I never had any idea how quickly this year would fly! We still haven't finished unpacking, and the semester is more than half way over. I am now experiencing what I call the "Mid-Semester meltdown." One of my personal promises when I first started at HUC was to try to stay as far ahead as I could. What I realized very quickly was I wouldn't be able to "stay ahead," but I would be able to prevent myself from falling behind. I worked two to three hours a night last year working on homework, and I was able to spend time with Carlie and Batya on Shabbat. This year, however, things are different...

I will say the classes are so incredibly intellectually stimulating. I am truly enjoying myself, and very much enjoying the learning. We have a lot of information to learn, and it seems that just as I am grasping something, five or ten more things come flying right at me. I am certainly not complaining...I love it, and have not once looked back. I will say doing this with a family is hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world. This year, I am spending more time at home, but less time with Batya and Carlie. I am thankful to have a wonderfully accepting wife who understands how important this is to me. And, she is really enjoying her new job, so at least she is finally doing something she enjoys!

Lastly, as the winter is coming upon us, and the temperatures are dropping, I know we are in for a winter nightmare. I will say, though, that unlike last year, at least we have a heating system that works in our house! So, as long as HUC turns on the heat in their building, and our classrooms start to get warmer, it won't be as bad of a winter as it was last year.

I will BLOG again after midterms are finished, I promise. For now, stay warm, and when you vote next week, make sure you make the decision that YOU feel is best for the country, not what someone else wants you to believe!

B'Shalom!

1 comment:

ktbtodd said...

so glad to hear that you're enjoying it so much! y'all stay warm, too.

hey, and you're not the only ones dealing with grasping one concept while 10 others fly your way.

just ask Mason about my Adam & Eve revelation in year 1...