Follow by Email

Friday, March 6, 2009

"Back in the Saddle Again..."

Shalom Ya'll!

It seems only too appropriate that I am blogging once again from Dumas, Arkansas. I posted my last post as I was celebrating being once again surrounded by Southern Jewry. And now, back to the South I go, once again to join the Meir Chayim Congregation in McGehee, Arkansas for Shabbat. Truly, truly, it is a blessing to be able to journey to these small congregations and learn from these Jews who are so appreciative of our visits. I have learned many things this year...but one of the most important lessons is that while I may be able to teach to these congregations, they have just as much if not more to teach me. I am learning every day with every visit!

Batya and Carlie are continuing to do great! Although Batya has been a little under the weather this week, she is getting excited that we may be beginning to see the end of winter. The temps for the past couple of days have been in the 60's, which of course may not be so warm for us southerners, but it's a whole lot better than the 30's! Cincinnati seems to be a much happier and prettier place when it's warm.

On Thursday, I finished one of the most time consuming and stressful tests I have ever taken. It was History 402 - about 400 years of Jewish history in an hour and fifteen minute test. I think I passed, or at least I hope I passed. As the second half of the semester is beginning, I am getting excited for another amazing opportunity this summer. I am going to be the Judaics Director at JCC Camp Livingston in Indiana. This is the summer camp that serves the Cincinnati and Indianapolis Jewish communities. It will be a great experience...and my co-madricha (counselor) from the Birthright trip I led will be the Aquatics Director. It will be lots of fun to work with her again.

Well, that's all for now. I have to finish up some work before I begin to get ready for tonight's services. I hope everyone has a great Shabbat and weekend...and I'll get another blog up in a couple of weeks.

Ahh....Chag Purim Sameach!!!

No comments: