Follow by Email

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Farewell to Beth Isaac Congregation

Shalom friends and family!

I am writing this post again from the Holiday Inn hotel in Trenton, Michigan - or more specifically, in Woodhaven! This has been my last Shabbat with one of my two student congregations. I started with Beth Isaac in September, 2008, and have had a tremendous year with them. We have studied quite a lot together, and I am very proud of their congregation.

I must say I am not sure how to properly thank them. I have learned an incredible amount from them. They have challenged me to become a better rabbinical student, and they have allowed me the creativity to grow. For that, I am incredibly thankful. They have treated my family very well, and for that I am also thankful. I leave this congregation a better student, having learned a great amount from them.

I do not like goodbyes, and I do intend to visit them in the future. I ended our dinner tonight by giving them all hugs and wishing them a very fond farewell. I leave them in great hands, as their student next year is an awesome rabbinical student, one that will teach them a lot, and one that will grow with them as well.

Shavuah Tov!

Erin

No comments: