Follow by Email

Friday, January 15, 2010

2nd Semester, 3rd Year - Beyond 1/2 Way Finished!

That's right folks, I am now officially more than halfway done as a rabbinical student. Of course, I still have 2 + years left, but now I am on the "downward" slope, as they say. Truth is, if I can make it through this semester, I will be much happier. They say the 2nd and 3rd year are the most challenging, and while I completely agree, I also hope that this semester is less time consuming as last semester. But, only time will tell!

I am taking the following classes this semester: Human Relations (continued from 1st semester), Homiletics (continued from 1st semester), Christian Scriptures (a class I am VERY excited about), Missionizing (No, they are not teaching us how to missionize), Modern Philosophy, Codes (Post Talmudic Jewish Law), and Commentaries (on the Torah - Rashi, and others). It will be a very interesting semester. I am excited to learn about the Christian Bible...

Carlie and Batya are still doing well. Carlie would be happy just about anywhere, doing just about anything. She really is a blessing as a kid...yes, she is challenging sometimes, but all in all, Batya and I are pretty lucky. Batya still loves her job, but as it is again winter, and VERY cold, she is trying so very hard to not be frustrated all the time. She is such a southern girl...and I thank God everyday to have led me to such a patient and wonderful woman.

That's all for now. I will write more this semester, when I have time!

No comments: