Follow by Email

Friday, August 18, 2017

A Prayer for Today

Hold my hand, Lord, and guide me in your ways.
Hold my hand, Lord, and help me get through the day.
Hold my hand, Lord, and keep me from looking away.
Hold my hand, Lord, no matter if the outlook appears gray.

I turn to you, Adonai, when I am struggling with the news.
I turn to you, Adonai, when I am lost and confused.
I turn to you, Adonai, when I am searching for some clues.
I turn to you, Adonai, feeling ashamed and abused.

Show me the way, God, help me to understand.
Show me the way, God, help me to lend a hand.
Show me the way, God, help me to ask, no Demand.
Show me the way, God, to get out of the quicksand.

Lord, Adonai, God: you answer to so many names.
When all of us come together, we can work toward your aims.
When we fight each other, there is bloodshed, our world is in flames.
Lord, Adonai, God: Bring us back together to rid ourselves of shame.

ברוך אתה יי זה שעוזר לנו לחיות ולחיות טוב יותר למען עצמנו ולמענך

Blessed are you, Adonai, the One who helps us to do and live better for our own and for Your sake.

No comments: